Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stupid freakin' Pests!!!

Ok... It's mostly my fault because I'm a horrible housekeeper. But really.

A couple weeks ago we discovered we had a moth problem. I was picturing loads of caterpillars eating all of my clothes; oh! I was not happy. After some research, we discovered they were meal moths. Which means they weren't eating my clothes, they were eating my food. Ok... I thought. At least it not an expensive pest. Apparently all we have to do is get rid of the food that's infested... We found the main culprits in a bag of pasta and a bag of rice. Now our freezer is stored with all our dried goods. We even have a couple boxes of cereal in there.... We're not taking any chances. However, the problem will still be a problem until I can take everything out of the pantry and vacuum vacuum vacuum. I need to find a vacuum tho. Colleen graciously let me borrow (or have... can't remember) hers a while back, but I need some hose attachments. If anyone wants to let me borrow their vacuum with hose attachments, I'd be grateful. Make sure it has a bag I can throw away so I don't pass along my infestation to you.

Ok... We're dealing with the moths, for now.


NOW! We have a mouse, perhaps more than one... I don't know. We have put traps up to catch it. Sorry if you feel this is inhuman, but I found POOP IN MY SILVERWARE DRAWER. gross. The little bugger is a smart little mouse. We found out after the first night that he wasn't into processed cheese. So we put out some parmesan. He liked that.... a lot. He took it right off the trap... twice. So Kevin came up with a plan: put all the traps in a row. No way he can crawl over one to get the other. Hopefully he's more greedy than he is clever.
I'll let you know how it turns out. I promise, no gruesome pictures.

No comments: